Reshaping Societies is Needed!
The impact of the COVID-19 Coronavirus is being felt across the globe. Pandemic has completely changed the life of people as we know it . This unfolding situation is affecting not only the health of individuals, but transforming the structure and life of Organisations across almost all sectors, cohesion of communities, provoking serious financial disruption, and many implications are continuing to affect our lives, our societies, destabilizing our economy.
While many hope those changes are temporary, the pandemic has unearthed weaknesses in the status quo.
It is an incredible challenging time, questioning our way of living and acting, and humanity has a wide range of responses to this threat, showcasing its best and worst.
While the world is still divided on how to act, on one hand, to limit the negative loss of our communities, on the other hand it is a huge occasion for each of us to give now even a stronger try Reshaping our Societies, to figure out and put in place a different way of leaving together finally in harmony with Nature.
We, at Y4PT, we continue to feel it is a one and only opportunity for all the Governments of the world to transform the Societies in which we live in.
This is why we are committed to engage even more now, to collaborate worldwide in generating solutions, both innovatively and decisively.
It is in our hands: Y4PT doesn’t want to go back to the world as it was before, we clearly are here to deal with those new issues that put our Societies in front of the possibility for a change. A real one. That is why:
We are NOW launching the 2nd edition of this initiative to find the best of creativity Reshaping our Human Societies for the good.
Share this page with all your communities: in doing so you multiply the effectiveness and with a simple gesture, you become actor of a transformation:
Reshaping our way of living, to build more equal, inclusive and sustainable economies and societies more resilient in the face of pandemics, climate change, and the many other global challenges we face.
Hack COVID-19 Reshaping Societies! – Edition 2020 – 2021
will preview a series of events for selecting the best projects to be showcased at our Final, Global Hack in Melbourne, December 2021.
- 1st Edition 2020-I (online, open call, finished)
- 2nd Edition 2020-II (online, open call, ongoing)
- Hack Ariadna 2020 (special edition, online, open call, to be determined)
- 3rd Edition 2021-I (online, closed call for Global Hack Dubai 2020 shortlisted participants only, scheduled)
- 4th and Final Edition 2021-II (on-the-spot, closed call for Global Hack Melbourne 2021 shortlisted participants only, scheduled)
Please see in the next paragraph, how to click on each link to be directed to the call you are willing to participate.
- the above events will be fully, partially remote and on the spot.
- they will be global contests designing solutions to make the live in our cities, countryside, communities, better responding to the life as it is now.
- deliberately utilising, training in and exploring the best aspects of remote collaboration, when needed. Transforming every disadvantage into an opportunity to learn, grow, connect, solve and inspire.
- Lead by: our experienced, global Y4PT Team contributing support and action across different time zones.
- Participants: any individual can participate, collaborating to develop & deploy new concrete responses worldwide Reshaping our communities in a different and more sustainable way, in real time.
- Mobility and Transport – MaaS and Integrated Mobility – Safety
AFTER a force majeure health event – how to reinforce trust and generate innovation on public safety systems, to protect low-income workers, disabled, students and other who rely on transit. How to reduce the number of passengers without losing money. New Mapping for walking, biking and electric scooters. The relationship between demand and supply; how commuters might be persuaded to change their travel patterns; and the prospect of more people opting for private cars.
- Logistics and Freight Transport
NEW itineraries in cities and connected cities
- Maintaining Education – Enhancing education,
not only in third world countries but also in industrialized countries who have lost ability to educate entire generations (less education, less culture, less respect for the world, generational loss) – Women and Youth trainings
- Green Education and Non Formal Education
(suggested: trainings on Respect – Empathy – Behaviour – Sense of belonging) Design long, medium and short term training programs of any kind
- Food Innovation and Sustainability – Water – Nutrition
Educate on Nutrition plans on long term basis, education on food and nutrition; Transform the offer of Food Business, reduction industrialized food, rethink agriculture, rethink and reduce, create alternative intensive industrialized farming and breeding.
- Waste and recycling
with a special attention to COVID19 waste from health structures and single users ( face masks, gloves , plastic waste )
- Air pollution
it is said that COVID19 spreads more in polluted areas; find ways to reduce it
(tracing apps, new materials and textiles for protection masks, protection shelters, future creation of stocks, equipment for hospitals, creation of an efficient medical recycling system and disposal management, effective testing population to restart activities, nutrition plans on long term basis, educational programs on hygiene, reinforcing the immune system)
- The loss of environmental and historical memory: reinvent Tourism
preserve the knowledge, the culture , the language of little gems and areas around the world and local tourism. Generate tools to stock Folklore memories and cultural habits of countries
- Social collaboration
to support local communities
- Maintaining Jobs
Creation of portals for talent exchanges, granular mapping of abilities and jobs requests; need of transparency on changing demands, jobs opportunities, facilitation of redeployment – fast retraining and reskilling ( how to teach digital literacy, social and emotional skills) – help restarting small businesses
Transform the way we consume
- Sustainable textile innovative use
in different fields: from urbanism to fashion, from public transport to alternative transport, conductive fibres, wool non woven material for interior design and acoustic management, textile that can communicate, textile waste transformed into motorbikes sets, acoustic pads for high noise absorption in electric vehicle interiors, air permeable and lightweight filament loop structures with higiene properties, solar nonwovens, etc )
- Reinvent the Cities
(Urbanism, Architecture, Green landscaping)
- Reinvent Life in the Cities of the future
( Leisure activities, how to be together maintaining social distancing, new forms of sharing food )
- Community activities
(solidarity initiatives, teaching the use of technologies for elderlies, sharing info platform, how to generate healthy communities ,reinvent jobs, etc.)
Any other concrete idea IN ANY FIELD will be welcome
SOME IDEAS TO STIMULATE YOU
- Apps and training programs educating communities (on health, hygiene, food and nutrition, non formal education, respect for others )
- Apps and programs permitting to create games to preserve folklore, culture and hidden places. Creating wikipedia style systems to stock and preserve local artisan activities
- Quality virtual education
- Communal ‘check-in’ app for those isolated and without a strong support network.
- Backend logistics
- Crowdsourcing activity from people stuck at home – eg games that help with medical research.
- creation of efficient medical recycling systems and disposal management
- Organising operational changes and distribution of people in train coaches to maintain distance between people, use of satellites to reduce queuing, reduce overcrowding
- How to mobilise people in your local community to volunteer and support the elderly?
- Trainings on Technology
- Creation of no touch innovative elements for any of the above categories
Collaboration in acting positively for the world, with the goal in mind of Reshaping Societies is our main focus.
The solutions you can and will create, have the potential to save lives, transform our way of living, benefit the economy, generate income. Small, timely, achievable actions now can have a uniquely powerful impact.
Be the first to break new grounds!
Nevertheless, there are Final Prizes for the 2nd Edition 2020-II:
- the participation in the next December 2021 Y4PT Global Hack event in Melbourne, Australia for the best 3 projects, with one person per team.
- A Virtual Fair (Market Place) post Hack, to facilitate contacts with Companies, Countries, Region, Cities and Industries in order to put into practice prototypes and projects.
YOUR MORAL BENEFITS
- Combating fear, stress and economic disarray – a feeling of powerlessness contributes to fear and stress. Participating in a global event seeking proactive ways to help, feeds a strong sense of purpose.
- Maintaining the benefits of a strong community while physically isolated
- Serving the global community at a time of great worldwide crisis.
- A collaborative, remote response now turns the problem of large numbers of people isolated and out of their normal routines into a tremendous resource.
- You’ll discover how important it is to belong to the Y4PT Family, you’ll feel less isolated and will gain friendships and contacts all over the world.
HOW TO JOIN THE DIFFERENT CALLS
For the 2nd Edition 2020-II, please register by filling this brief form: https://hackcovid19.eventbrite.com
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking Individuals of any age, already grouped or Teams of people ( particularly formed by Start-Ups, Universities Groups, Youth of any age, Young Professionals, Robotics Experts, Tech individuals, Companies) who will demonstrate their commitment, creativity, or enthusiasm for sustainability in their application.
Are you one of those innovative and creative Start-up or Young Company with a great ability to get the most out of limited resources? Then the call is for you!
Even a simple app that would encourage the citizens to adapt more easily to the changed conditions can mean the world to somebody, not to mention the role that the health tech start -ups play amid these predicaments.
There are so many ways to participate and make a difference so show us how YOU are a champion reshaping our Societies in a sustainable way.
Submissions will be reviewed by Y4PT and assessed relative to creativity, value and potential for immediate or fast sustainability and replication.
The various events preview:
- First Step – Subscription September 2020
- Second Step- Early October 2020 selection of participants to the Mentored Hack event made by Y4PT.
- Third Step Half October 2020 – November 2020 – Mentored Hack and Workshops (tailor made encounters with Y4PT Mentors will take place to merge people together, discuss, implement, redirect and narrow the ideas, prototypes and skills of participants.
- December 2020 – Announcement of winners entitled to participate to the Y4PT International Hack 2021 that will take place in Melbourne, Australia December 2021.
HACK AT A GLANCE
Please join us in congratulating our winning teams among all categories:
🥇 1st Prize Winners (You could be here!)
🥈 2nd Prize Winners (You could be here!)
🥉 3rd Prize Winners (You could be here!)
THE AFTER HACK: VIRTUAL FAIR
Join our virtual fair in December 2020 and meet the projects created during Hack COVID-19 Reshaping Societies.
A networking platform
We will generate a virtual fair, a networking platform to present our projects, discuss the opportunities, and facilitate introductions between organisations and teams. Winning projects will present present to e-buyers and company innovators around the world. Global innovation, functional prototypes and active trials will be highlighted, building new ways to open new markets and foster integration.
Get to know the young minds behind the ideas – they will make a difference to your activities, now and in the future.
All the projects presented, will be created by young people from all over the world, open to exploring new ideas, collaborating with one another, and integrating the perspective of their home countries into a global problem-solving process. Creating scalable solutions to the palpable, common issue impacting us at this moment, the need to Reshape our Societies for a more sustainable world
Following an introduction and project presentations, virtual private rooms facilitate dialogue between stakeholders, investors, teams and interested parties. Get inspired, learn, start, build, grow or enhance your businesses, your solutions, have an impact on the worlduring and after Covid 19.
In one year, these projects will be presented in Melbourne, during the UITP Global Summit and may in that time reach an advanced level of progress to show the world how far young people are capable of going in Reshaping Societies.
Y4PT, in SHORT
For over 15 years, Y4PT has been bringing together young minds and industry experts in hacks and other events worldwide, to collaborate in investigating and solving problems that face us all. We have a growing community of over 40 countries, and double that number of Y4PT Young Ambassadors. Each year we have generated 30-40 local Labs and Hacks, with more than 3 projects per event developed by local authorities and stakeholders. Yearly global hacks since 2017, each with over 60 participants, have exponentially augmented the perspectives of these projects and collaborations.
To date, we have reached more than 10,000 young people – a proactive, creative, talented and committed worldwide community.
THE SYMBOL OF HACK COVID 19 – RESHAPING SOCIETIES
The symbol we have chosen, the Carrick knot, is a knot that will not jam even after carrying a significant load or being soaked with water. This symbol represents our strong ties, and our will to unite communities through our #Y4PT network of specialists, mentors, volunteers, participants, ambassadors, supporters and friends all over the world.
You can contribute to this initiative by donating online (https://www.gofundme.com/f/hack-coronareshape-societies). The funds will be used to generate and follow up this remote worldwide event through the platform, webinars and remote mentoring, with the selected projects and skilled people, in order to generate or implement ideas and prototypes for the global crisis we are experiencing.
- Call, Web Page – Hack COVID–19 Reshaping Societies! (http://www.y4pt.org/projects/covid19/)
- Article – Hack COVID–19 Reshaping Societies: Building A New Normal All Together! (http://www.y4pt.org/hack-covid-19-and-reshape-societies-building-a-new-normal-all-together/)
- Article – Be A Hero, Stay At Home! (http://www.y4pt.org/be-a-hero-stay-at-home/)
- Video – Y4PT in time of COVID-19 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO-czVvItg4)
- Video – Hack COVID-19: Reshaping Societies – First Edition (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLlJ75SP3oE)
For further information, contact:
Mrs. Alessandra GORINI, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Y4PT Foundation, email@example.com
Mr. Sebastián PERNET, Co-Founder, Y4PT Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org