The world is still divided on how to act, to limit the negative impact on our communities. This is a time for each of us to commit now, even stronger, to Reshaping our Societies, to figure out and put in place a different way of living together finally in harmony with nature.
We, at Y4PT, continue to feel it is a critical and immediate opportunity for all the Governments of the world to transform the Societies in which we live.
We are now launching the 2nd Edition of this initiative to find the best of creativity Reshaping our Human Societies for good.
CURRENT EDITION AGENDA
- First Step – Subscription till the 6th of November 2020.
- Second Step – November 2020. Selection of participants to the mentored hack event made by Y4PT.
- Third Step – 15 November/15December 2020. Global, remote mentored hack and workshops. Tailored virtual encounters with Y4PT mentors will take place to merge people together, discuss, implement, expand and focus the ideas, prototypes and skills of participants.
- Fourth Step – January 2020. Finale and pitching to a global expert jury. Winners entitled to participate in the Y4PT Global Hack 2021 that will take place in Melbourne, Australia December 2021.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
We are seeking talented individuals and teams of people (particularly start-ups, university groups, students, young professionals, robotics experts, technologists, companies expert in any of the topics of the call) who will demonstrate their commitment, creativity, and enthusiasm for sustainability in their application. Are you one of those innovative and creative Start-ups or Young Companies with a great ability to get the most out of limited resources? Then the call is for you!
The Hack takes place remotely, enabling global participation and collaboration. Wherever you are, even if you are in lock-down, you can subscribe and fully participate throughout.
Submissions will be reviewed by Y4PT and assessed relative to creativity, value and potential for immediate or fast sustainability and replication.
- Mobility and Transport – MaaS and Integrated Mobility – Safety
AFTER a force majeure health event – how to reinforce trust and generate innovation on public safety systems, to protect low-income workers, disabled, students and other who rely on transit. How to reduce the number of passengers without losing money. New mapping for walking, biking and electric scooters. The relationship between demand and supply; how commuters might be persuaded to change their travel patterns; and the prospect of more people opting for private cars.
- Logistics and Freight Transport
NEW itineraries in cities and connected cities.
- Maintaining Education – Enhancing education
Not only in third world countries, but also in industrialized countries who have lost ability to educate entire generations (less education, less culture, less respect for the world, generational loss). A focus on training for women and youth.
- Green Education and Informal Education
(Suggested training: Respect – Empathy – Behaviour – Sense of belonging) Design of long, medium and short term training programs of any kind.
- Food Innovation and Sustainability – Water – Nutrition
Educate on Nutrition plans on a long term basis, education on food and nutrition; Transform the offer of food business, reduce industrialized food, rethink agriculture, rethink and reduce, create alternatives to intensive industrialized farming and breeding.
- Waste and recycling
With a special attention to COVID19 waste from health structures and single users ( face masks, gloves, plastic waste).
- Air pollution
It is said that the impact of COVID 19 is higher in more polluted areas; find ways to reduce it.
Tracing apps, new materials and textiles for protective masks, protective shelters, future creation of stocks, equipment for hospitals, creation of an efficient medical recycling system and disposal management, effective testing enabling populations to restart activities, nutrition plans on long term basis, educational programs on hygiene, reinforcing the immune system.
- The loss of environmental and historical memory: reinvent Tourism
Preserve the knowledge, the culture, the language of lesser known areas around the world. Sustainable local tourism. Generate tools to stock Folklore memories and cultural habits of countries.
- Social collaboration
To support local communities.
- Maintaining Jobs
Creation of portals for talent exchanges, granular mapping of abilities and recruitment; transparency of changing demands, job opportunities, facilitation of redeployment – fast retraining and reskilling (how to teach digital literacy, social and emotional skills), help restarting small businesses.
Transform the way we consume.
- Sustainable textile innovative use
In different fields: from urbanism to fashion, from public transport to alternative transport. Conductive fibres, wool, non-woven material for interior design and acoustic management, textiles that can communicate, textile waste transformed into motorbikes seats, acoustic pads for high noise absorption in electric vehicle interiors, air-permeable and lightweight filament loop structures with hygiene properties, solar non-wovens, etc.
- Reinvent the Cities
Urbanism, Architecture, Green Landscaping.
- Reinvent Life in the Cities of the future
Leisure activities, how to be together maintaining social distancing, new forms of sharing food.
- Community activities
Solidarity initiatives, teaching the use of technologies for elders, info-sharing platforms, how to generate healthy communities, reinvent jobs.
Any other concrete idea IN ANY FIELD will be welcome and will examined attentively.
Collaboration in acting positively for the world, with the goal in mind of Reshaping Societies is our main focus.
The solutions you can and will create, have the potential to save lives, transform our way of living, benefit the economy, generate income. Small, timely, achievable actions now can have a uniquely powerful impact.
Be the first to break new grounds!
Nevertheless, there are Final Prizes for the 2nd Edition 2020-II
- Participation in the next December 2021 Y4PT Global Hack! The Final event in Melbourne, Australia for the best 3 projects, with one person per team.
- A Virtual Fair and Market Place post-hack, to facilitate contacts with companies, countries, regions, cities and industries in order to put into practice prototypes and projects
BEAR IN MIND
Please specify you are a startup on mobility and you are willing to compete also for the startup challenge to win additional prizes,
check it here: Hack Covid19-Reshaping Societies Start-Ups!
We advise you to upload or send us your YouTube/Vimeo video link
Keep in mind the following specification:
- Description of your product or service
- What is your target area?
- According to you what is the critical issue in the mobility sector and how does your startup plan to solve it
- What is the expected impact of your product or service, what is your unique selling point?
FILL THE FORM TO JOIN THE CALL:
Please register at: https://hackcovid19.eventbrite.com
- Call, Web Page – Hack COVID–19 Reshaping Societies! (http://www.y4pt.org/projects/covid19/)
- Article – Hack COVID–19 Reshaping Societies: Building A New Normal All Together! (http://www.y4pt.org/hack-covid-19-and-reshape-societies-building-a-new-normal-all-together/)
- Article – Be A Hero, Stay At Home! (http://www.y4pt.org/be-a-hero-stay-at-home/)
- Video – Y4PT in time of COVID-19 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO-czVvItg4)
- Video – Hack COVID-19: Reshaping Societies – First Edition (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLlJ75SP3oE)
For further information, contact:
Mrs. Alessandra GORINI, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Y4PT Foundation, email@example.com
Mr. Sebastián PERNET, Co-Founder, Y4PT Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check our collaborators
IncubateIND is India`s largest and fastest-growing community of technology innovators including startups and student innovators