World Youth Meetings
The Y4PT World Youth Meeting is an integral part of the UITP World Congress and Mobility & City and Transport Exhibition. It has emerged as an important space that bridges the gap between young people (a great portion of PT users) represented in Y4PT and PT supply such as PT operators, authorities and industries from all over the world, represented in the UITP.
Thought up in 2007 by the International Association of Public Transport (UITP) - www.uitp.org - under the leading hand of Alessandra GORINI (current Co-Founder & Executive Director of Y4PT), the Y4PT Meeting has been held three times in three countries. From its roots as a small gathering among a handful of young people from different profiles but related all with the PT-related mobility sector, the Y4PT Meetings today calls between 20 and 45 delegates from up to 25 nations on six continents.
From the outset, the Y4PT Meeting series have been held primarily to serve as a platform for young people from different backgrounds, including undergraduate and graduate students, and young professionals. The main objectives of the conference remains the exchange and dissemination of knowledge, initiatives and ideas for the development of the PT-related mobility sector to meet the needs of people, from a youth approach.
No matter whether those initiatives/ideas have not been materialized yet or not, nor if they have a local, national, continental or global scope. What Y4PT will worth the most is the quality and feasibility of projects presented.
The Y4PT Meeting 2014 is to be held in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) during 24 April - 02 May 2014 on the theme “Healthy Mobility: a Youthful Look at Mobility from a Health Perspective”.
It is the only worldwide event that allows young people to think about PT-related mobility issues in a multidisciplinary and multicultural atmosphere. All outcomes are addressed to major representatives from PT-related operators, authorities, industries, associations, universities, research institutes, NGOs, IGOs, among others organizations, from all over the world.
- To implement our worldwide youth-led movement in favor of sustainable mobility through public transport promotion.
- To act as an international platform for young people to put forward their ideas on public transport.
- To be a world networking meeting of young people from different profiles and with keen and genuine interest in PT-related mobility issues.
- To raise PT stakeholders attention on Y4PT initiatives to make them possible.
Chronology of Y4PT Meetings
The Y4PT Meeting has been held three times in two countries and two new versions are scheduled for the coming years:
- Y4PT Vienna 2009: 1st Y4PT World Youth Meeting
- Y4PT Dubai 2011: 2nd Y4PT World Youth Meeting
- Y4PT Geneva 2013: 3rd Y4PT World Youth Meeting
- Y4PT Dubai 2014: 4th Y4PT World Youth Meeting: http://www.y4pt.org/projects/youth-meeting/dubai-2014/
- Y4PT Milan 2015: 5th Y4PT World Youth Meeting: http://www.y4pt.org/projects/youth-meeting/milan-2015/
Y4PT Chapter: Y4PT World